A Country I Would Like to Visit

Who knew that I will make it to this side of the world! 


Five years had lapsed since I set foot to the New World after flying for almost 2 days by plane. I never knew that life would be so full of surprises and unexpected turn of events! I lived 22 years of my life in a tiny country of the Far East discovered by almost the same people who discovered the Americas. A state composed of 7,107 islands united by the Spaniards since the arrival of Ferdinand Magellan - the Philippines. I moved to Chile upon deciding to stay with my family who have been here for almost a decade. 

I grew up in a poor family and my regular travels were usually through, of course,  my imagination. I used to read a lot of books about different countries, learning about their geography,  flora and fauna and cultures. Different cultures fascinated my young mind, and inspired me, to one day go on a trip around the world. 

In the New World, one of the countries I am eyeing to visit is Brazil. It's not that far from Chile but I never had a chance to go out of this country (aside from my last visit to Philippine last January) ever since I arrived in 2013. The Pindorama and the Pearl of the Orient Seas are antipodal countries, that is probably why I have this weird interest of learning more about the country. Aside from being a die-hard fan of their national volleyball team (almost all Filipinos are), I am a fan of their flora and fauna! Being one of the most biodiverse countries, I sometimes imagine myself strolling around the Brazilian jungles and traversing the Amazon river. Who wouldn’t want to appreciate nature in this fast changing and fast developing world?

Given a chance to live in Brazil, I would love to spend some time to learn Portuguese, watch the Superliga de Vôlei live and of course learn more about their wildlife. 

One day I would fulfill this dream! 


Would you come with me to the Amazon?

Comments

  1. I was lucky to visit Brazil and I fell in love with everything there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brazil is awesome, and the portuguese its not hard (I'm learning that languague)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The landscapes are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment