About pets, love and friendship...

Man´s bestfriend

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet.

-Edith Wharton


I started living alone when my mom left to Chile. I was 14 back then, our house was basically empty, my family got separated because my parents needed to find a way to tend for our needs. My sisters stayed with our grandparents and my dad used to work everyday nonstop, and so I learnt to tend for myself. I always wanted company in my everyday life but basically it was not that possible due to our situation. After a few years, my mother was able to bring my dad and my sisters to Chile, but I decided to stay. I was already attending University back then and I was already comfortable with how things were for me. Unfortunately due to the same reason why my mom left us on the first place, I needed to drop out school and look for a job. 

I was heartbroken but I accepted what happened, I can't just cry over spilt milk, but this job brought me to a whole new world. After working for over a year, I received my 13th month pay, and well, it was a good amount of money! I went to a friend's place to party, and in her house there was a pack of ravenous wild (ok fine!) cute dogs - shih tzus!

Image result for shih tzus

After some talking, my friend suggested getting a dog since they all know I was living alone. I always wanted to have a pet but I suffer from allergies. She told me that there are dogs that don't shed so probably I should try researching like having a bichon frise, poodle etc. I after that visit, I ended up watching DOGS 101 of Animal Planet. 

Image result for Dogs 101

After watching almost all episodes, I considered having a poodle! You know, unlike here in Chile, there aren't a lot of poodles in the Philippines, since the most popular breeds are pomeranian, pit bulls, and shih tzus. I liked the idea of having a pet at home and a poodle was the best choice for me since they are considered as hypoallergenic and intelligent. 

Fast forward, after a few weeks of looking for a good breeder, I found Shamcey! 


It was my sister's idea to name her Shamcey after Miss Philippines 2011, Shamcey Supsup, when we had a video call. 

I had her in 2012, she was a beautiful cream coloured toy poodle. She was the sweetest dog ever! She was really intelligent that she learnt a lot of tricks right away after a few weeks of having her. My old house used to be really lonely, but when she came a lot things changed from a monotonous lonely life to a crazy and fun environment! 

THIS LITTLE POOCH CHANGED MY LIFE!


It wasn´t long when I had to leave her though. After just over a year of having a pet, I needed to leave her. I was asked to move to Chile and face a new life. I wanted to bring her over but I simply can't afford it and it would be really dangerous too. 

Life can be so cruel at times! Imagine, for quite a long time I was alone and there came this little pooch to change my life but I would need to leave it to someone else. The only thing that consoled me, is that a relative was willing to take care of her. It was a sad moment, but I know she's well taken cared of. 

I still wish that I can bring here...
  

Comments

Post a Comment